The Camrose Police Service came into existence on July 1st, 1956. The municipal government at that time took the step to start the city’s own municipal police department. One police car, a 1956 Dodge Crusader was the transportation for the very small department. Equipment and training was very limited.
Over five decades later the “department” or “force” now known as the Camrose Police Service has grown into a self-sufficient agency known across Canada as a highly trained, well-equipped and professional policing agency. Several divisions exist within the structure of the service. These have all been created over the years to better serve the community. Our communications centre has grown from a telephone and radio to a fully equipped E9-1-1 Centre serving the City of Camrose and Camrose County. Our transportation is handled by a fleet of state of the art patrol cars, specialty section vehicles, a police motorcycle and patrol bicycles. Training is a high priority for the service and our members receive some of the best training available working with other agencies such as the Edmonton Police Service, Calgary Police Service and the R.C.M.P. to fulfill their needs. Many of our own officers are instructors in various areas of policing, which allows us to maintain the high level of training from year to year.
Please click on the division titles to learn more about the structure of our service.